MB832-PA Air-Operated Automatic Pneumatic Barrier Arm Gate
Top 4 Questions:
When do you need an arm support? A Boom Tip Support or Bolt Down Cradle is needed for arms over 18 ft long.
What length arm should I order for a 18 ft plus barrier gate that requires a fixed cradle?
When figuring your arm length, measure the “dirt to dirt ” distance from edge of asphalt of the roadway or back of curb(s) and add 1.5 ft or 18 inches to that dimension for the total arm length to order, but if using a tip support arm length isn’t critical.
How is the arm distance measured?
The arm length measurement starts even with the arm side of the base plate edge that runs parallel to and is closest to the street.
Can the barrier gate arm be locked?
The arm can be locked in up or down position with a simple medium size padlock.
The Upswung MB832PA pneumatic barrier gate operator is powered by a single air auctuated pneumatic cylinder. The opening and closing arm operation can be controlled with one air line or two air lines. In explosive sensitive areas where no electrical power is used, this unit may be a solution depending on current safety regulations.
When a one air line configuration is pressurized the barrier arm is driven up and is held in the up position under air pressure, when air pressure is released the barrier arm slowly drops down with it’s speed controlled by an air needle valve.
With a two air line configuration, one air line when pressurized drives the barrier arm up and holds it in place and when the other air line is pressurized the arm down and is held in place.
The air source required is 50psi with a mininal cfm rating for the small pneumatic cylinder which is supplied by 1/4″ air lines.
Barrier arm pneumatic control varies greatly from user to user to meet their individual needs. Typically the installer would use 1/4″ air line(s) to connect 1/4″ electromechanical or manual air valves to the pneumatic cylinder and the valves to a compressed filtered air source. With electromechanical valves the operation of the barrier gate could be automated remotely.
- The pneumatic operation is fully automatic.
- Structural steel construction of base and swing arm.
- Unit can be operated from either one or two 1/4″ dia. air lines.
- Air pressure required 40 to 100 psi depending on arm length.
- Separately field adjustable arm ascent and descent speeds.
- Fine control of arm speed and cushioning is controlled by field adjustable valves.
- All mounting hardware is stainless steel.
- Top quality pneumatic cylinder with built-in adjustable soft stop feature.
- Can be temporary deployed on movable bases of wood or concrete.
- Round Aluminum powder coated arm 3″ O.D. ; 8 to 32 ft length pre-cut and balanced at the factory
- High quality DOT reflective tape included
- Frame is heavy steel construction- 5/8″ Base Plates and thick tubular construction using structural hot-rolled steel.
- Plastic signage available (stop, do not enter, etc)
- Three sizes of steel counterbalance plates for balancing arms up to 32 ft in length
- Arm can be locked by padlock in the up or down positions for added security and safety.
- All parts are powder coated orange for durability.
- Pivot assembly is made of durable maintenance free plastic bushings and bolt assembly
- Tip support cradle (MB cradle) is suggested for arm lengths over 18 ft
- Orange powder coating standard on all other components
- Self-supporting round Aluminum barrier arms
- Stainless Steel and Galvanized Hardware for long life.
- MB Drop-down Tip Support for areas where the MB cradle cannot be used.
- Barrier arm catcher/ Cradle is optional for shorter arms for added support
Base plate: 16″ X 10.5″; height of arm above pavement 35″; overall height 37″; width of frame 10″ X 10″; base- 4 holes 5/8″ dia.; length of counterweight arm from pivot 32.5″ Maximum.
Shipping Wt. 182 to 502lbs depending on arm length.